Saturday, October 24, 2009

transfer from Asia to USA for high school


transfer from Asia to USA for high school?
hi all, i live in USA, but i am not a citizen. i wanna bring my younger sister for middle or high school. what do i need to do? how complicated is it to transfer from Asia to USA for high school? any answer is appreciated. tnx hey thanks a lot, :)
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think I can help you. I am also a transfer from Asia to USA quite a while ago. Here are some tips/basic things you need to know. 0.) It is not complicated at all. 1.) The basic principle (from what I can remember/experience)...is that you enroll the transfer student (which is your sister) to the desired middle or high school you want. 2.) The school may possibly give your sister a test. This test is to determine if she could go to the desired grade level or repeat it. -As for my experience, I failed the test since I couldn't understand english, so they put me back and had to repeat the same grade as I were in Asia (philippines). 3.) UNDERSTANDING BASIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS A MUST. but most schools provide an english learning language (ELL) class for those students who cannot speak or is limited in their english language. 4.) CHOOSE the best high school for your sister. Search online for the best high school in your area. highly educated high school teachers = success for your younger sister. 5.) Well, since you guys came from Asia (I'm not really sure if you do the same in your country...but in my country we wear uniforms...) anyways...most schools here in USA are public schools...meaning students don't need to wear uniforms. 6.) High School here in USA (most of them...) are NOT very expensive...in fact...I think they're ALMOST free...but that depends on where you enroll your younger sister. If it's private, then be prepared. 7.) The rest of the information will be provided by the staff in your desired school. They help you A PLETHORA!! so...good luck for you and your younger sister! And don't worry, it's VERY easy to adapt into the American culture (:
Read more discussion :