Thursday, June 16, 2011

Do you think that another language will ever be compulsory to learn in school in the USA


Do you think that another language will ever be compulsory to learn in school in the USA?
If so, which language? Personally I think either Japanese or Spanish should be required. Japanese because it is very useful, and Spanish becasue Latin America & Mexico is close to the US>
Polls & Surveys - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, and I think it should be Spanish, right away.
2 :
Yes.Spanish. Even though it's a good idea to learn Chinese,Japanese and Arabic.
3 :
yes I think Spanish will be a graduation requirement in all schools in a few years. We have to make accommodations for the aliens which is all a bunch of BS!
4 :
I think we need to start with proper English.
5 :
Spanish, only because i feel lefted out when people speak in that and tell jokes, i want to feel included and plus its better to speak another because you think and speak in that lang. and it sounds great. I don't want to become ignorant to others!
6 :
Spanish... my son is in Kindergarten and they're starting him on Spanish... it's not a public school though.
7 :
Personally I think neither should be required. This is AMERICA, and we speak ENGLISH. Sorry to all you immigrants, but if you come to our country and expect to be treated as normal, then learn to speak our freaking language. What angers me the most is when I'm at a drive thru or at a store and I can't understand what the cashier is saying. I just want to tell them to go back to their own country and learn our language.
8 :
To study and learn another foreign language are not compulsory neither mandatory but it is a necessityspecially if you are planning to in other foreign country. It is much advantageous for you if you know other language aside from one kind. Communication and understanding are open and easy now, you can move on.
Read more discussion :