Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best animation school in the USA


Best animation school in the USA?
Hi! I'm an italian boy and my dream is to study in an animation school (or experimental animation) in the USA. Actually I'm attending the NABA in Milan, in the course of Media Design (www.naba.it). I looked in the web searching for a good art school and I found a lot of beautiful schools but I cannot understand which is the best one. For example I saw the CalArts, the California College of the Arts and other but I can't find out the best one. Can you give a sort of list with the best art schools (with animation courses) in the USA? Thanx :)
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
its a hard question because there is no "best" school for animation. schools with good reputations are CalArts, Art Center, Ringling, etc. but i think you should go to school in California, because a lot of movies, tv, etc is there. It all depends how good you are, but if you heard of Cal Arts all the way in Italy, it must be a great animation school you know what i am saying?
2 :
There is no best school. There are a lot of good schools in a lot of countries. Studios like Pixar don't look at what school you come from, they look at what you can do: your demo reel. The recipe: go to a good school and work very very hard and do an awesome demo reel.
Read more discussion :