Sunday, May 16, 2010

How can I apply for college if I am not a citizen of the USA but have an American high school diploma


How can I apply for college if I am not a citizen of the USA but have an American high school diploma?
I am an exchange student and I am going to receive a high school diploma here, so what do I need to do to study in college in the USA? Will the college accept me as a foreigner with an American diploma?
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You may need to become a legal permanent US resident before you can attend college here. I'm not a US citizen, but I moved from Canada 8 years ago, so I have legal residency and a green card. You might be able to apply for a student visa. Talk to your school's counselor about it.
2 :
Yes they will accept you even if you were completely illegal here. The real question here is weather your going to be receiving a job here in the USA
Read more discussion :