Thursday, July 1, 2010

Does anybody know of a British History course I can order online


Does anybody know of a British History course I can order online?
I'm a 16 year old Jr. in high school (usa) and i am interested in learning British History. I recently returned for england on a 10 day soccer (football) trip and would like to learn more about its history. I am not looking for normal reading material or British literature, just a text book or course like schools use for American History. If you have any websites that i can order from that would be great.
Languages - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most courses online are likely to be university/college level which means they will be pricey. For my first post-secondary class on British history we used the textbook "Peoples of British Isles" by Lehmberg (Volume One) and Heyck(Volumes two and three). It may not be as simple as the textbooks used in many high school history classes, but it will give you a much better and in depth understanding of the history. You may also want to do a google scholar search for journal articles.
Read more discussion :