Wednesday, August 1, 2012

where should a M-1 visa holder student (USA) can complain about the non-academic school


where should a M-1 visa holder student (USA) can complain about the non-academic school?
I joined a non-academic school here in USA but i wasn't satisfied with the school so i moved to another school but i paid whole amount of the fees when i landed in USA for first time to the earlier school and now that school's owner is not giving me my remaining amount of money and i am running out of my visa and money as well, because i need to pay the fees to my new school and i want to finish up my studies as soon as possible. In which department should i go for help? (note: i did not sign any contract with the earlier school about any money back amount)
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know about vocational schools, but colleges will not refund you all or part of the money if you drop out of their classes after a certain deadlines have passed. They usually have this information on their website or you can ask at their business office to give you this information. I would expect that your school has a written policy for refunds. Ask to see it and read all the fine print and proceed from there. It probably will depend for how long you attended the school before changing. But the first place I would go for help is any counseling office they have at your current school. They will be interested to keep you and they should be able to help and advise you.
Read more discussion :